Essential Oils are the most vital extract of plants and herbs that can change the whole expression of your surroundings as well as your inner self with the use of Essential Oil Diffusers.
Wondering how is it possible? No need to wonder, lot of others have found these magic liquids to be one of the most effective and powerful ways to attain wellness in your life.
Now the question comes How to use these essential oils..right?
The use of Best Essential Oils are not new, and the ancient people have used these oils as a remedy for a number of human issues as well as enchanting fragrances.
In past days, these oils were used to be applied on the skin or the place where it was intended to work, like for headaches the desired oil was applied to the forehead, for bodily pains these were are also used.
Gradually, people figured out numerous ways to use the aromatic oils for aromatherapy purposes, including, scented candles, inhaling the fumes through steam, putting the oils onto a cloth to inhale its fumes, etc.
All these ways have some limitations of their own and need constant supervision for consistent results. Like if you have blocked nose and using a tissue paper or cotton cloth to inhale the Essential Oil components, then you will have to put the drop after few intervals of time. Some other methods include heating and vaporization methods.
Apart from these ancient methods, we now have got the most convenient and effective tool to diffuse the oil around you to get the best results and, that are the essential oil Diffusers.
What is an Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser ?
An essential oil diffuser is a small machine having a compartment to place a mix of water and essential oil or sometimes only a few drops of essential oil, and the diffuser breaks up the oil into small particles and then diffuses them in the air.
Though there are various aromatherapy diffusers available in the market that are meant to diffuse the oil around you. But the results of the diffuse aroma depend upon the way diffusion has occurred.
There are different ways to diffuse the essential oils like through heating, ultrasonic waves or nebulization. All these methods provides specific results that are different and vary in their effects.
Differences Between Humidifiers and Diffusers
Essential oil Diffusers and humidifiers might seem as though they are the same but they are not.
A Humidifier functions by dispersing moisture to either a particular area or the entire home.
A Diffuser releases Essential oils rather than moisture to a specific space.
Features Of Essential Oil Diffusers
Essential oil diffusers have a wide range of different features. As with any product, these vary from model to model and according to the manufacturer.
Overall, they are very simple machines and are easy to operate. They come with additional user-friendly functionality to help with your overall experience.
Here are some standard features you will find with almost any diffuser…
- Other Metals
Specialized Features [Models Vary With Features]
- LED Lights for bright mood setting visuals
- Automatic Shut-Off when water tank is empty
- Airflow Control to regulate the rate at which oils are vaporized in the air
- Oil Reservoirsto hold and reserve oil to continuously feed your diffuser
- No Interruption Oil Switch allows you to change oils while the device is still running
Types of Essential Oil Diffusers and Functioning
These devices use ultrasonic energy to diffuse essential oil. These electronic waves cause the oils to evaporate like a mist into the air. Ultrasonic models provide an excellent range of effects for people using aromatherapy. They may, though, lower the health benefits of essential oils by breaking them down while diffusing.
These diffusers use absorbent pads on which essential oils rest. The oil is then evaporated into the air due to the heating. They are best for diffusing oils when you only need to have a good source of light fragrance in your room. The fumes produced may only be useful to make your room fragrant and may not have the specific health benefits you are looking for.
Nebulizer diffusers are rated the most useful diffusing devices for essential oils. They transform microdroplets of oil into undisturbed essential oil mist. These droplets last longer than other aromas produced by ultrasonic or heat-based diffusers. Enjoy maximum health benefits over long-lasting sessions.
Heat Essential Oil Diffusers
These diffusers heat the oil being placed in it and the vapors produced are spread around the area. They provide sufficient fragrance to the room but still affect the chemical composition and health benefits thanks to the heat. However, it is good to use this type if you only really need a tranquil environment with a nice aroma wafting around you.
Reed Essential Oil Diffusers
Reed diffusers, as the name indicates, have reeds to produce fumes in the air. The reeds are placed into the oil that is in the device and then flows to the top of the reed to be released. This process is a bit slow and may not be able to kick out aromas quickly around the room.
Candle Essential Oil Diffusers
Candle oil diffusers are stylish and often used as a decorative aroma device in rooms and spas to create a soothing environment. The oil is placed under the candle, and the candle slowly burns to release the oil into the air. The aroma produced is limited and they may unable to diffuse the fragrance over a large area.
All essential oil diffusers come in various models and shapes. Each one comes equipped with a combination of the above features. Look for what works best for you.
If you are looking for maximum bang for your buck with an eye on the health benefits as well as the pleasant smell, think seriously about investing in a nebulizer essential oil diffuser.
Also Visit: Aromatherapy and Essential Oil Benefits
Top 5 Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffusers
We have collected 10 of the Best Essential Oil Diffusers, tried them each out for a one-week period and put together this comprehensive guide for you to follow. Recommending here the best 10 out of those thousands, that are there to distract you online.
1. URPOWER 3rd Version | Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser | Cool Mist Ultra-Sonic Humidifier
The Urpower Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is an enhanced version of the original. Producing more vapor mist than the original, making it a great option to add to a work office, small bedroom, spa and beauty salon. Adding a refreshing scent to the area of your choosing from a wide selection of essential oils.
With the URPOWER, you are getting an essential oil diffuser that has four different functions in one device. You can choose to give your skin a healthy renewal, add humidity to the air, enjoy a calming aromatherapy session or you select from 7 different LED colored lights for décor.
Having such a variety of settings to choose from, made this one of the best essential oil diffusers 2020 that we have used. The compact size made it extremely easy to mobilize around the house. It will fit into most conventional 240V outlets so you will not require any special electrical fittings.
Like anything that runs with water, you will need to clean it about once a week or less, depending on your amount of use. Cleaning out this Essential Oil Diffuser takes no time at all. Just simply dump out the remaining water, rinse it out, wipe it dry and it will be ready to run again.
- Easy to move from room to room with a compact and light size
- Only needs a few drops of your favorite essential oil scent to fill your home with pleasant fragrances
- Automatically shuts off when the water tank is empty, so you do not need to monitor it
- Simple twist off top to fill diffuser with water
- Aromatherapy calms your nerves and is an incredible way to relax in the evening
- The aromatic oils can displace distinct smells in your home from cigarettes, pets, and cooking
- The humidifier function helps loosen congestion in your throat or nasal passageways
- 7 different LED colored lights make it ideal for a night light or mood setting décor
- Choose from a 30-second interval operation or a continuous flow of vapor that will last up to 3 hours
- May require frequent refilling if used often
- Built and designed only for small rooms
- Must clean it routinely to maintain healthy functions
2. PureSpa | Compact Ultrasonic Aromatherapy
The PureSpa Compact UltraSonic Essential Oil Diffuser may look like a small device, but it packs a punch. We enjoyed this diffuser for those reasons exactly. A compact and stylish design allow you to set this essential oil diffuser just about anywhere you would like to. With four different colors for you to choose from, it can act as a quality night light or room décor.
One thing you will notice immediately upon using this product is how easy it is to set up. With a quick 3 step set up of filling the tank [with a measuring cup included], adding a few drops of 100% all natural oils [not included], and plugging it in.
You then choose from two functions—to run the diffuser without the lights or with the lamps with one easy to press power button. Cycle through to turn it off.
This device diffuses 100% all natural essential oils making the produced vapors a strong rush with every breath. We used it for about 7 hours as it produced aromatic scents for the entire time. Filling the house with a delightful smell that relaxed and comforted.
We noticed right away how efficient the ultrasonic operation worked. Putting out a nearly silent noise—this diffuser is ideal for a nursery, office, spa or any small-medium sized room in your home. If you do choose to use it in your household, this is the perfect solution if you have any odd odors lingering from pets, smoking or cooking.
- Compact size and design make it a welcome addition to any room or home
- Diffuses 100% all natural essential oils—sold separately
- Easy to use one-button—three-touch power button to operate
- Dual functions as both a warm mist humidifier and a cool mist diffuser
- Aroma dispensing for up to 7 hours compared to only 4 hours that other diffuser put out
- Fast 3 step set up for use
- Automatic shut off when water has been used up—no beep or alarm sound, but you will not need to monitor the device
- 4 different LED lights cycle through for a visually pleasing display
- Whisper level sound making it an excellent choice for just about anywhere
Only cycles through 4 different colors, can not select just one
May require purified or filtered water instead of tap water
Will need to routinely take a part and clean
3. Innoo Tech 3rd Version | Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser | Cool Mist Ultrasonic Aromatherapy & Humidifier
This Innoo Tech Essential Oil Diffuser is their latest version of their Cool Mist Aroma Humidifier. There are ideal choices all on the market today it seems, but like others mentioned here before it. The Innoo Tech is a cut above the competitors for a variety of reasons.
Our experience overall with this particular diffuser was a pleasing one. This is considered to be a “3rd Generation” Essential Oil Diffuser. Which means that its functions operate on a larger and more efficient scale.
The backbone of this massive production is the all new built-in fan technology. The 3rd version Innoo Tech comes equipped with a fan to spread and disperse the mist at a higher rate than older models.
On top of providing faster vapor production, this fan dual functions as a cooling element. This will keep the temperature of your diffuser at a low level to sustain a longer product lifespan.
Like other top models we have mentioned, the Innoo Tech operates at a muted noise level. Causing zero interference or annoyance during your sleep and relaxation.
If you want to utilize this device for your toddler or infant—the seven different LED lights are a real benefit. Selecting from the various colored lights can provide a nurturing atmosphere, or you can set it to match your mood when you are relaxing.
This Essential Oil Diffuser can be adjusted to three different modes. You can choose to have the diffuser continuously release vapor, have the vapor released in 30-second intervals or you can use only the lights for a nightlight or lamp.
- 3rd Generation Diffuser provides a larger amount of mist covering an enhanced total area
- Built In Fan spreads vapor at a rapid rate making this one of the most efficient diffusers
- Muted Operation making it ideal next to your bed or in your infant’s bedroom for sleeping and relaxing
- Moisturized Air relieves your severe cold and flu symptoms
- Modern & Stylish look and design make this diffuser an incredible addition to any room
- Simple & Easy to use with a two button selection to turn the light on/off or control the mist
- Automatic shut off engages once your water level drops below your fill line so you to run the device all throughout the night.
Requires a routine cleaning but does not include a brush with order
Designed for only small rooms and not ideal for a whole home
Can turn off rotating lights but green “on” light doesn’t turn off
4. URPOWER 2nd Version | Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser | Cool Mist Aromatherapy & Humidifier
Not to be confused with the Urpower 3rd version reviewed earlier, this is the version just before it. The Urpower 2nd version may be a later generation, but it is a highly valuable and affordable option. This Essential Oil Diffuser brings you features similar to others you have read about so far.
Essential Oils are not included with this Diffuser, but it can take a broad range of oils. Choose your favorite one and drop in a few drops after filling this diffuser up to it is 100 ml max line and it is ready to run. Easy to set-up and to operate making it an ideal choice for someone who wants to try out an Essential Oil Diffuser for the first time.
However, make no mistake, though this device may seem like a simple and possibly “cheap” option—it can provide you with what you are after. This diffuser can fill your room with sensual and pleasing scents as you relax into a peaceful slumber.
We were pleased with the results that we were given from an “older” version such as this. In reality, Urpower did not have much to improve upon with their 3rd version.
When we purchased this diffuser, we were told that it lasted longer than a majority of other products. Excited to see if this held true we used it as soon as it came in the mail that afternoon. We were displeased to find that it only lasted an hour. Confused I looked over our set up and the directions only to find that we did not put enough oil in it!
In fact, I missed the required mark by a long shot. After applying the right amount of oil, it ran for us throughout the entire evening. Without a sound or disturbance. So we would suggest that you implement the proper amount of oil to your diffuser before you use it.
The Urpower 2nd version may be a generation behind their 3rd version we went over earlier. However, it still can provide you with an adequate amount of Essential Oil vapor.
- No filters are required when using this diffuser
- Near silent operation for a peaceful diffusion
- Automatic shut off when water reservoir is empty
- Helps with dry chapped lips, skin, and nasal congestion
- Functions with regular tap water with only an additional 2-3 drops of essential oil required
- 100mL water reservoir can release aromatic scents for up to 6 hours
- Easy two button function to control the seven different colored lights and the mist
100mL may need to be refilled daily after being used for the full six hours
Only can rotate colors at a time for the LED light
Green “on” light is bright and doesn’t turn off
5. Riverock Essential Oil Diffuser by DeneveÂ® – Sublime Whisper Quiet Electric Ultrasonic Vaporizer and Humidifier
Capacity:100 ml (user calculated, not officially specified)
Area Covered:Up to 600 sq ft
Humidifier Present (Yes/No):Yes
How To Use Different Types Of Essential Oil Diffusers
Purchasing a diffuser for your essential oil is only the beginning. Using it correctly is the most important factor to help you get your desired effects.
If you want to fill a larger room with fragrances, you may want to use a nebulizer. If you want to fill a smaller area you may want to opt for a vaporizing or candle oil diffusion kit.
Follow these guidelines when you are using your device for the most positive effects…
- Always follow the instructions included in your diffuser’s packaging
- Always place an appropriate amount of oil in the diffuser
- Properly place your diffuser in a level and optimal location
- Set your diffuser to the type of function you desire